Monday, September 3, 2007

Blogging 101

So, having never blogged before, I chose to just dive in and post. Besides, where do you begin writing about a life that's already 32 years in. Do I start with my marriage, children? Do I go back 5 years, 10 years, 28? Do I focus on my family, my yarn addiction, my frustrations or quirks? I guess that's not what this is about for me. I've always been a writer of sorts and though I may be a bit rusty with the grammar and punctuation and a teensy bit wordy (okay, a lot wordy), I just need to get it all down.

I think after years of (happily) making life about everyone else, I choose now to make it about me again, even if it's only a few minutes each day. So...I think I'll just write what comes to mind and post what ever I'm not too horrified to publicly broadcast.

Since this is my first official post, here is a little background. I am Sadie sometimes. I think I will be Sadie here, just to clarify. I have been married for almost 8 years and someday I will tell the story of my very long and very short courtship. I am the mama of three tiny and not so tiny girlies, five, four, and the actually tiny 5 monther. They are each adorable and terrifyingly perfect, except for all the times when I say they are not. I still want more.

I love knitting, too much. I used to love to read. I have stopped so my hands and eyes are free for knitting. I devour new patterns and occasionally ignore very important things so I can knit. Lastly, for today, I am a little bit crazy. I don't mean the two different socks at once or sometimes sleep on the wrong side of the bed kind of crazy. I mean the medicated, slightly ocd, often depressed, generally frustrating to all those within earshot crazy. I'm getting better. Sometimes I do sleep on the wrong side of the bed.

No comments: