Sunday, June 22, 2008

4

Well, it's been months since I started this and in those 10 months we have added number four to our collection of tiny girls. She is nearly six weeks old and as beautiful as her sisters. Obviously I have been busy and decided that blogging needed to take a backseat (very far back) to mommying and knitting among other things. Also in these months my babies have turned into an almost first grader, an almost kindergartener and a very busy fourteen month old. Excuse me while I wipe away the tears...

There are a few reasons why I have decided to continue what I started here.

First of all, I have a new interest in sewing and refashioning old items. I wanted somewhere I could document my projects, knitting included. I love the excitement and satisfaction of creating something new and seeing a finished product getting some use. My kids are loving the benefits as well.

The second reason is that in the past nearly nine years of marriage, my hubby and I have accumulated quite a bit of debt. As you can imagine, four children are quite a drain on our finances and large monthly loan and credit card payments are eating up much of our budget. I hope to use this blog as a motivational tool to begin a slow climb out of this. I plan on using the percentage bars in the sidebar to track our debt and how much we still owe. This will take some work so I hope to have the details posted sometime this week.

There will be more to come...maybe something fun to look at...soon.

No comments: